[ale] Caldera Install

Adam Teja arteja at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 30 12:31:57 EST 1998

Thomas

... the problem so far, when the boot disk goes into it's PCI probe
stage it comes up with <UNKNOWN PCI DEVICE> and halts... I'm assumeing
it's seeing the onboard video and sound... I did not have this problem
installing it on my P100(which doesn't have onboard anything)

I think your right, I'm going to call Caldera today..
Thanks,

Adam

---tko at westgac3.dragon.com wrote:

> Adam Teja writes:
> > Does anyone know of a way to (disable) get around the
> > PCI probe on the install boot disk for Caldera OpenLinux?
> >
> > for example:
> >
> > LILO: install PCIProbe=NO
> >
> > I have a board with built in 8 MB AGP video and 64bit sound; this
> > seems to confuse the install boot disk.
> >
> > if I can disable the PCI probe, how can I then get LINUX to
recognize
> > my two 3C905 NIC's?
> >
> > am I dreaming?
>
> I'd write Caldera and ask them.  You say that the install boot disk
seem
> confused, how? I've installed it on 2 different systems and have
struggled
> with it before. I'm just curious as to what sort of problems you are
> experiencing.
>
> --
> -= Sent by Debian 1.3 Linux =-
> Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK
> @_ at tko@westgac3.dragon.com Remove @_@ for correct Email address

==
all my email accounts are being forwarded to web-mail...

you may still email to:
ateja at acm.org, ateja at spsu.edu, arteja at mediaone.net
arteja at mindspring.com