[ale] Distributions

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Fri Dec 25 12:05:58 EST 1998

First, note that I don't want to cause any type of religious war here.

	Okay, here is my question. I have seen a lot of stuff about
RedHat all over the place, and so I was going to try RedHat to see what
all the hype about it is, yet when I went to their site to see what their
distribution has I can't see any reason to try it. Slackware seems to
have more than theirs. My main purpose in this message is to find out
what distribution is best for me. I don't want bashing of other
distributions, just what features different and/or better than Slackware
are in the others. If I find reason enough to try them in the replies I
receive, I may try the suggested ones and make my decision then. As such,
I would like detailed replies about each of the distributions used by the
members of this list. I don't care if you reply privately or on the list.

Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com
Slackware 3.5 (2.0.34) Linux user -- Linux Advocator

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]