[ale] I (almost) give up!

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Fri Dec 25 12:05:58 EST 1998

On Fri, 25 Dec 1998 11:07:41 -0500 Jim Lynch <jwl at sgi.com> writes:

>I don't have a ppp-on file.  Here is what I do.
>/etc/ppp/options
>bsdcomp 9,15
>connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chat'
>mru 296
>crtscts
>defaultroute
>lock
>modem
>115200
>noipdefault
>user ms112344

I tried copying this file verbatim to mine and replacing the username. I
then ran ppp-go and it produced the message:

Sorry - this system lacks PPP kernel support

What is it talking about?? When the kernel boots it shows messages
relating to PPP support. Which should I believe. Also, what command can I
use to retrieve the text that goes by when it boots. I would like it for
this and other purposes.

Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com
Slackware 3.5 (2.0.34) Linux user -- Linux Advocator

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]