[ale] connectionless

Mark Cantrell mcantrell at inetnow.net
Mon Dec 21 20:12:50 EST 1998

ok, I have had no trouble with this so far.  However now when I try to
dialup my isp.  The normal sequence of events occur until... from
watching syslog I get

connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS3
sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic0x57b> <pcomp> <accomp>]

it does this for a little while then pppd dies and drops the connection

normally I should get something like, after a few LCP ConfReq are sent.
rcvd [LCP ConfReq ....]
then an ip address and so forth.

I'm using pap for my authenication protocol.
Would anyone know what is causing this, maybe pppd is timing out too
early, ?  I'm just not ever getting the 'rcvd LCP ConfReq' thingy.

thanks
Mark