[ale] need advice on adding frontpage ext to Apache

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Fri Dec 18 22:34:13 EST 1998

> > So if anyone has addition info we could present on why frontpage extensions
> > are a bad idea to put on a Apache/Unix system please let me know.
>
> How about the fact that frontpage extensions don't support all browsers

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought frontpage extensions were just a
way of getting web pages from the creators computer (via frontpage) to the
web server...don't see how this has anything to do with the browser.

 > and/or frontpage extensions may be changed by Microsoft at anytime
in > anyway, just as the do everything else in the world.

And as long as they release the updated code for Linux, who cares?