[ale] need advice on adding frontpage ext to Apache

Steven A DuChene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Fri Dec 18 11:12:20 EST 1998

We are doing some server replacement here and have convinced the admin folks
to go with Apache but they insist on adding the frontpage extensions to the
server "in case" anyone wants to use that for publishing web pages. Several
of us in the know have a pretty good idea that this is NOT a good thing but
we would like info or actual evidence to present on why that is.

So if anyone has addition info we could present on why frontpage extensions
are a bad idea to put on a Apache/Unix system please let me know.
--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		  X/CDE/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.