[ale] Using a camcorder for a web cam?

Jason Boyles jason at primefactor.com
Wed Dec 16 10:16:20 EST 1998

On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 01:37:11PM +0000, Wandered Inn wrote:
> nlucent wrote:
> > You can get a video capture card ($29 from onsale.com), as long as your
> > camcorder has svideo it should work.
> There's support for this $29 card under Linux?  I've checked out the
> docs on the video4linux (thanks to the previous poster..) and found that
> most of the hardware supported is in the $100+ range.

This weekend I saw a stripped down Hauppauge WinTV at CompUSA.
The label on the shelf identified it as a "WinTV Basic" and it
was only $39.00. Not sure what model it is, but it should be supported.

--
Jason Boyles <jason at primefactor.com>
"Bombay is 250ms from New York in the new world order." - Alan Cox