[ale] Can I network my wife's Win95 system to the net via Linux and my ISP?

Jim Lynch jwl at pinckneya.peachtree.sgi.com
Mon Dec 14 14:35:35 EST 1998

I finally got around to connecting my wife's machine to the hub so we
can share printers and files.  She asked me if she can now get on the
internet.  I said "Sure".  Now I gotta put up and I don't really know
how (or if).  So the configuration is my system that is connected to the
net via a ppp connection to mindspring and her Win95 system.  Is there a
way that she can run Netscape on Win95 and let me route her connection
to mindspring?  I've heard of ip aliasing, but I'm not real sure that is
what I want to do.  I've used Samba in the past to interface Linux and
Win95, but that doesn't seem like it even enters into the picture.

Thanks,
Jim.

--
To see my .signature file, go to http://reality.sgi.com/jwl