[ale] Parallel ports

Jason Boyles jason at primefactor.com
Mon Dec 14 10:09:28 EST 1998

On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 04:10:40PM -0500, Glenn C. Lasher Jr. wrote:
> Alternatively, has anyone used a USB port under Linux?  I noticed that USB
> scanners were more numerous and cheaper than SCSI.

Unfortunately, Iñaky Pérez's universal USB driver does not yet support
scanners. I understand USB mice work, albeit slowly. The imac keyboard
also functions using the boot protocol. But, alas, not much else.

Those who are interested may have a look at
http://peloncho.fis.ucm.es/~inaky/uusbd-www which is currently not
responding, but is the official site.

I myself am eyeing a UMAX usb scanner.

--