[ale] FTP Recursion at Host

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Fri Dec 11 16:49:35 EST 1998

>>>>> "jeff" == jeff hubbs <jeff_hubbs at mcgraw-hill.com> writes:

    jeff> From Linux, when I FTP to a host, how do I "mget" a whole
    jeff> directory tree with the structure intact?

	ncftp's get command supports a -R flag to grab a directory and
everything in it (IIRC).

	You might also want to look into the perl `mirror' script or
something like `rsync' if you're trying to mirror a large amount of
data.  Pointers on how to setup this type of thing can be found at:

http://rufus.w3.org/linux/rpm2html/mirror.html

--
Fletch                |                                            __`'/|
fletch at phydeaux.org   |       "I drank what?" -- Socrates          \ o.O'