[ale] Off Topic: Hacking SSH?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Mon Dec 7 11:15:56 EST 1998

Ok,
  I've put a server up that needs to be secur3e.  I've installed ssh
and turned off  everything else.  The omnipotent internal security people
are convinced that  the ssh prompt saying $User@$Server Password is a
security risk.  Even though You should know what $User you are loggied
in as or what $Server you are connecting to.  I've messed with the
sshconnect.c and taken out that string.  Apparently, having sshd give you
it's version number is also critial.  Anyone know if/how you can hack the
version number?  I see alot of version number checking/comparrisons and don't
wanna kill it by messing with something I should have..

Robert

Robert L. Harris                |   Windows --
Senior System Administrator II  |        Proof Micro$oft has
  at Great West Life.           \_            a room full of monkeys.

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: