[ale] Group Change

Jacob Langseth jlangseth at esisys.com
Thu Dec 3 15:02:05 EST 1998

> Does anyone know where I can download and compile sg from, or is there
> another way to use newgrp without replacing my shell?

An alternative to replacing your shell would be to keep
a wrapper for whatever action you wished to do under
the new group in a directory only accessable to the
owner of the cronjob.  The wrapper would be sgid to
the appropriate group and either invoke the command
directly via an execle() or perhaps just be a sgid copy
of /bin/sh (in which case it would be used via
	~/.secure/sgid_sh -c <foo>
).  Either method should work.

--
Jacob Langseth <jlangseth at esisys.com>