[ale] Group Change

Bob Kruger bkruger at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 3 15:03:32 EST 1998

A question for the bash gurus...

I am writing a simple batch scrip that will be run by the cron daemon.

During the course of the script, I would like to change the group id for
the user to something different than the default.  In doing a man on
newgrp, I found a listing for the utilities newgrp and sg.  sg seems to be
the program of choice, as it will run a command line and not replace my shell.

Unfortunately, a search through the system does not turn up the utility sg
anywhere on my hard drive.

Does anyone know where I can download and compile sg from, or is there
another way to use newgrp without replacing my shell?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Bob