[ale] Heckling billy-g

Geoffrey Myers geof at denali
Thu Jun 5 17:19:57 EDT 1997

I too stopped by the Microsoft area running IE.  As it was close to the end
of the day on Thursday, the last day, I had a little fun.  There were four PCs
in a row, as I left the first was displaying Netscape's home page, the second
displaying www.linux.org, the third the LDP and the fourth pointing to an NT
security problems page...

}> > I dunno if billy-g heard me, but it sure felt good to let him know my
}> > feelings.
}
}Someone else expressed their feelings in their own way when I went to
}Comdex yesterday. A group of us walked up to some Win95 machines demoing
}IE4.0 and tried to wake up a machine that seemed to be in power-saving mode.
}
}One of the tech reps standing nearby said "we'll be fixing that one in a
}few minutes", so another machine next to it freed up and we moved onward.
}
}A few minutes later, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the tech guy
}booting up the dead PC. He started pounding keys frantically when the
}Win95 startup screen displayed:
}
}	Welcome to Microsoft Win F**KING 95
}
}Dan, I told you to channel your anti-MS energies into the Showcase! :)
}
}-Amy
}

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com	http://www.abraxis.com/geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....