[ale] netscape dies

james pancoast jamesp at area51.homecom.com
Mon Jun 2 11:15:23 EDT 1997

At 10:39 AM 6/2/97 -0400, you wrote:

>c_fowler at hotmail.com wrote:

>> Every so often when I get to an intensive web page, netscape just dies.  It is

>> like it kills itself and gives no error messages.  Does anyone else have this pr

>> oblem and know what it could be?

>Mine occasionally dies as well.  I haven't really noticed if it was due

>to an intensive web page.  I've load some pretty intensive stuff and it

>worked fine.  Don't have a clue what causes the problem.  As with you, I

>get no error messages.

This occasionally happens to me, too.  However, I get an error message most of the time.  I start up netscape through an xterm (I just type 'netscape &') the majority of the time, and whenever netscape crashes, I get an errormessage that mentions something about a 'bus error'.  Does this have anything to do with the libc problem?  It's not really that annoying to me, so I never worried too much about spending hours trying to figure out what was wrong and fix it.  I probably will fix it now, though, if libc is the problem.

Mulder, could you please explain to me the scientific nature of, 'the
whammy'?

mailto:jamesp at area51.homecom.com; http://area51.homecom.com/