[ale] netscape dies

gEary geary at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 2 10:58:13 EDT 1997

> Every so often when I get to an intensive web page, netscape just dies.  It is
> like it kills itself and gives no error messages.  Does anyone else have this pr
> oblem and know what it could be?

  Are you sure there are no error messages?  Did you see if there were messages
 dumped to the console you ran X from, /usr/adm/messages, or /usr/adm/syslog?
 My guess would be you are running out of memory.  My SGI did exactly the same
 thing (it has only 48M ram) until I increased its swap space.
    -geary