[ale] dtlogin

Steven A. Duchene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Mon Jul 14 12:30:02 EDT 1997

Chris Fowler was asking about running dtlogin without the Xserver. This is
fairly trivial to do. All it requires is commenting out the lines in the
Xservers config file that starts the Xserver. I'm not sure where that
would be on a Solaris but you might start looking in /usr/dt/config or
/etc/dt/config

On an HP system this line takes the form:

   *    Local local at console /usr/bin/X11/X :0

Putting a # as the first character of that line lets the system run the
dtlogin process without starting the Xserver so the login banner is available
across the network.
--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		  X/CDE/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.