[ale] Re: X Windows user interface whinning

Steven A. Duchene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Mon Jul 14 13:25:48 EDT 1997

Dan Neucomb wrote:
> Putting a well-known, semi-decent, CONSISTENT interface on Linux does make
> sense.  I'd love to be able to save files to my desktop, have a graphical
> file browser, etc...

Dan, Dan:
I think we have had this discussion (or non-discussion) before. You really
need to take a look at CDE it gives you all of the above and more. It is
an industry standard (not well taken advantage of, but still a standard)
with volumous documentation on the interface/programming style guides
just like that other OS that shall remain nameless.
--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		  X/CDE/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.