[ale] Fwd: FYI: Fw: Phone Company Internet Service Charge (fwd)

Andy dread at atlcom.net
Thu Feb 13 01:13:57 EST 1997

Curt Smith wrote:

> FYI:
>
> Subject: Re: Phone Company Internet Service Charge
>
> Am forwarding this on for your information:
> >
> >  I am writing you this to inform you of a very important matter
> >  currently under review by the FCC. Your local telephone company has
> >  filed a proposal with the FCC to impose per minute charges for your
> >  internet service. They contend that your usage has or will hinder the
> >  operation of the telephone network.
> >
> >  It is my belief that internet usage will diminish if users were
> >  required to pay additional per minute charges. The FCC has created an
> >  email box for your comments, responses must be received by February
> >  13, 1997. Send your comments to isp at fcc.gov and tell them what you
> >  think.
> >
> >  Every phone company is in on this one, and they are trying to sneak
> >  it in just under the wire for litiagation. Let everyone you know here
> >  this one. Get the e-mail address to everyone you can think of.
> >
> >  isp at fcc.gov
> >
> >  Please forward this email to all your friends on the internet so all
> >  our voices may be heard!
> >

> Curt Smith
> curts at compgen.com

Not to worry folks.  The stupid telcos will have a some competition
shortly.

on the list.

(1) Media-1 getting ready to roll out access through cable.

(2) Bel-South is fighting the arriival of AT&T in the local phone
market.

(3) Georgia Power announced that it is gearing up to bring full service
    communications (internet and Phone) over you power lines.  Don't
    ask me how they plan to accomplish this.

(4) Echostar, Direct-TV, Primestar, Direct PC, will be entering the GA
    market with their options also.

(5) Also you may soon have the option of "tuning-in" on the internet
    once some of the emerging technologies come in to play and others
    become more mainstream. like Cellular, Digital Packet broadcasting
    and wireles transfer.

So not to worry the monopoly is coming down and they are just tring
to do everything they can to compensate for losing the ability to
rip people off.

The good news is that they will all be fighting for one thing.
Your Internet Dollar.  Stay tuned.....

/usr/bin/andy