[ale] remote printing problem

Mir Shafiqul Islam mir at oisp.gsu.edu
Sun Feb 9 16:21:37 EST 1997

Hi all, I am trying to setup this network printer as my remote printer.
The printer has its ip address and running HPlaserjet lpd. This is what
my printcap entry looks like:

# OISP laserjet 4m
oisp|print on OISP laserjet:\
        :lp=:rm=131.96.61.12:sd=/var/spool/oisp:\
        :mx#0:\

Now, if I print a text file with lpr it prints the first line and on the
second line it moves way to the right. And third line does not print at
all. Kind of like this..

This is the first line of print test page
			this is the second........

But I have tried to print from xwindows (netscape) and it printed just
fine. Any hlp/idea will be greatly appreciated.

Second problem: I need  a stricter passwd that will check atleast for mix
of upper/lower case and numbers and will not let users to choose the same
password as the last one. If it can check the dictionary that will be
better. I have shadow suite installed so it needs to be shadow compatible.
The passwd that came with shadow suite "supposedly" should check for cas
mixes, but it is not doing in my system. Thanks.

--
Mir S Islam
Computer Consultant
mir at gsu.edu