[ale] Applixware Printing etc.

Andrew Lancaster wal at main.inetnow.net
Fri Nov 22 18:36:56 EST 1996

I recently installed Applixware (student version), and it works fine,
except when printing to a file, the postscript is unreadable by
ghostscript, and attempting to print to my
deskjet(ghostscript/magicfilter) just gives me a couple lines of
garbage.  Is any configuration needed to allow Applixware to generate
ghostscript-readable postscript?
Before installing Applixware, I installed RedHat 4.0.  Everything seems
to work alright (lilo installed fine) except only root seems to be able
to resolve remote hostnames for most net clients (ftp, finger, netscape)
rlogin, however resolves the names when used by any user.  Is this some
new security feature or is it more likely something I just failed to
configure properly?

Thanks,
Andrew Lancaster