[ale] sshd and inetd

Cory T. Echols cory at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 21 16:56:31 EST 1996

	I'd like to integrate sshd with inetd and was wondering
a couple things.  The man pages for ssh say that it's a drop-in
replacement for rlogin, etc.  Does this mean I could simply
change all references to rlogind to sshd in my /etc/inetd.conf
file?  Or is there more to it than that?

	The other thing I was wondering was is this even an
adviseable thing to do?  sshd does some things with key management
(i.e. regenerating keys every hour, not keeping them on disks) that
makes it seem like starting sshd via inetd would bring more
disadvantages than benefits.

	Any thoughts on this?

--
Cory T. Echols                    | I don't need no arms around me.
cory at cc.gatech.edu                | I don't need no drugs to calm me.