[ale] Re: Linux User IDs

Norbert Crettol nc at omedia.ch
Thu Nov 21 06:23:21 EST 1996

I've noticed that Livingston Portmaster don't accept more than eight
characters but if you have more than 8 chars on a ID, the rest will be
ignored and it will work. What if two ID's has the same eight first
chars ? I've tried it, the second one doesn't work. The chars above 8
are ignored, so you can't use more than 8 chars ID's.

Aliases are the solution.

Norbert

Omedia sa              Av. de la Gare 38          CH1920 Martigny
Norbert Crettol                                 Internet services
nc at omedia.ch                                  connexions, conseil
++41 27 722 04 50     http://www.omedia.ch        creation de Web