[ale] Linux Questions (fwd)

Geoffrey Myers geof at denali.abraxis.com
Fri Nov 15 22:00:15 EST 1996

}Somewhere I read that Linux (all versions?) only recognizes IDE ports
}1 and 2.  I know the new Red Hat version does not recognize the third
}IDE port from personal experience.

I guess this depends on your defintion of the terms.  I have to IDE
interfaces (connectors), each interface (connector) can have two devices
a primary and secondary.  So, I currently have two hard drives on my
first IDE connector and a cdrom on the second.  If you are saying that
I could not add a third connector and have Linux recognize it, I don't
know and so I'll take your word for it.

}Thomas J. Parker
}E-Mail - Personal - tjparker at atlanta.com
}               Office    - Thomas.Parker at neetrac.gatech.edu

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....