[ale] RedHat

Tucker Balch tucker at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 6 22:12:02 EST 1996

I've used Redhat and Slackware.  Overall I'd say I prefer RH.  The LiLO
problems that have been posted here are either problems with LiLO itself
or problems with the install where someone ran out of disk space, not
with a "RedHat version" of LiLO.

I can't say specifically what is better about RH over SW since I haven't
used SW for about a year. and things change so quickly.  I can say that
on a "typical" system RH is a pretty smooth install.  Laptops are another
matter, but I think SW would have it's own problems too.

--Tucker

*SW==slackware.

--
--Tucker

Tucker Balch, PhD Student, CoC Office 123A                        home 874-9129
tucker at cc.gatech.edu, http://www.cc.gatech.edu/grads/b/Tucker.Balch fx 894-9846
Mobile Robot Laboratory, Georgia Institute of Technology         (404) 894-5613