[ale] strange ghostscript/ghostview problem

Cory T. Echols cory at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 6 20:36:55 EST 1996

	I'm running RedHat 4.0 and trying to get printing setup right
but I have a problem with ghostscript.  Whenever I call it using
gs <filename>, it complains that it can't find (or open) the file that
contains the font description for that document.  For example
n0220031.pfb.  As near as I can tell, it's looking in the correct
directory for the font descriptions.

	Here's where it gets strange.  I changed to the font directory
to see if the file was there.  So I did an "ls *pfd" and looked
through the list and the file was there.  But, when I do
"ls n0220031.pfb" is says no such file or directory.

	Does anyone know what's going on??

--
Cory T. Echols                    |I don't need no arms around me.
cory at cc.gatech.edu                |I don't need no drugs to calm me.