[ale] Has anyone installed redhat 4.0 from a cm206 CD drive?

John M. Mills jmills at siberia.gtri.gatech.edu
Sat Nov 2 18:05:06 EST 1996

Hello --
I am trying to install the redhat 4.0 using its boot.img and CD, and can't
get the installation program to find my cm206 CD drive.  My drive is installed
at I/O port 0x300 and uses IRQ 10.  Works fine with 1.2.13 kernel, though
I hard-coded the port and irq, and don't use autodetect.  boot.img can't
find my controller even when I try to tell it where to look.  Anyone gotten
this to work?

TIA
John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer   --   john.m.mills at gtri.gatech.edu
   Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0853
        Phone contacts: 770.528.3258 (voice), 770.528.7083 (FAX)
           "Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics, and Simulations"