[ale] Database connectivity from Linux

Clarke Bishop cbishop at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 29 11:40:06 EST 1996

I am using Linux on my Web server and want to connect to a database on =
another machine. As I understand the issues here are the steps:

1. Build an HTML page that has FORMS text boxes, etc. and submit the =
form to a CGI script.

2. The CGI script must then generate an SQL query to the database.

3. The database runs the query and delivers output back to the CGI =
script.

4. The CGI script must then format the data into HTML and return the =
information to the web browser.

How do you interface between the CGI script running under Linux and  the =
database on another machine and another operating system (In my case, =
I'm running DB/2 under OS/2)?

Any ideas ???

Thanks in advance,

    Clarke