[ale] AJC coverage

Thomas S Jackson tjack04 at emory.edu
Fri Mar 22 18:02:01 EST 1996

    Hi to all, i'm new to this list, but i'd like to lend a voice.

    Perhaps time is only wasted on the AJC.  A better approach
    might be to play up the community service side to the Expo.
    If the AJC decides it's not worthy, so what?  The audience
    could be better tailored without it.

    Possible targets for free billing of a community service:
	* local ISPs  (could really spread the word)
	* local bulletin boards (could draw a high % of the turnout)
	* local print like area college papers
      and as a last resort - usenet groups

    Oh, one more.. state government has a lot of folks wanting
    to learn about such things, don't leave them out.  In fact,
    they could probably spread the word pretty well, if one found
    the right starting point.

> not the UNIX effecianado, infact 99% of them are likely to have never even
> heard of UNIX.  This is true.  I am not trying to make enemies of anyone

    This angle is leaning toward the conclusion that the media must
    uphold the ignorance.  Great!

    I leave it at that.

    -- tsj