[ale] why bash when ksh is default

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Mon Mar 18 19:47:48 EST 1996

Okay folks.  I've figured it out.  You want me to say it?  I was wrong...
I've done some research and I have found out a few things that lead me
astray..

On the SVR4 box I referred to, sh was linked to ksh, therefore, ksh shells
would run.

On the SCO box, I talked to the administrator, and found out he had actually
hacked a version of ksh and changed it so that it performed as I had seen.

On SunOS, I was wrong...

Thank you for the enlightenment.  Still sucks though, I think it would be
a good idea for me to be able to define the shell used via an ENV variable. :)

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com   gamyers at attmail.com

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....