[ale] Time to upgrade...

Michael J. Callahan mikec at america.net
Thu Mar 14 11:41:18 EST 1996

I have Linux Slackware version from early 95 CD (3 CD set-thats how
old) on my Dell notebook. Ethernet PCMCIA card, networking config,
X runs fine, etc... Have just been building new kernels  and updated
a few other components in all that time.

Now I want to go ELF, because it is the way to go and I want to run
JAVA environment. I also want to get up to  a newer release of g++,
only on 2.5.8 now (don't laugh!).

So what is the current version of InfoMagic date, anyone knoow what
the compiler version is on it and does it have a good ELF slackware
set? Is JAVA on it?

I heard MicroAge hsells them for 15$, any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance...
 <INTERNET>  mikec at america.net
 <PHONE NET> Callahan Computer Consulting (770)483-9777 res(770)483-0624
 <MAIL NET>  8388 Lake Drive, Lithonia GA, 30058-5724, USA, World
 <DAYTIME #> (770)901-3195 (disclaimer: I do not speak for MCI)
 "Those who are mentally and emotionally healthy are those who have
  learned when to say yes, when to say no, and when to say whoopee."
                                           -- W.S. Krabill