Removing lilo boot and Linux from disk

pncrxrn at snt.bellsouth.com pncrxrn at snt.bellsouth.com
Fri Feb 9 14:01:41 EST 1996

>> I just recieved some promo lit. on a product called Partition Magic,
>> which will do just that (for $49.95,$69.95 if you also want to deal with
>> OS/2).  I got an endorsement of it from a friend who works for the CDC,
>> who said it works fairly well.  You could also try a program called fips,
>> it was recommended for new installs of linux w/o having to
>> re-partition/re-format your hard drive but I seem to recall it always came
>> with big warnings to backup, backup, backup, before you tried anything with
>> it.  Does anyone have direct experience with fips? It ought to be on any
>> linux site with utilities to get an installation up and going.

I have used Partition Magic in the past and it has worked really well for me.
I have Windows, OS/2 and Linux running on my (small) 1.2G disk so I had
to do a lot of partitioning and repartitioning and Partition Magic worked
like a charm.  It runs on DOS and OS/2 and is completely mouse driven.
I never bothered to backup anything (I know that's stupid on my part) but
have never lost anything with Partition Magic.

...Darshan

Priyadarshan Kadam                           home : darshan at netdepot.com
                                             http://www.netdepot.com/~darshan/
Bell South Telecommunications                work : 404-529-3847
Science & Technology                         work : kadam_d at snt.bellsouth.com

NIRVANA is Mind over Matter. "if you don't Mind, it doesn't Matter"