[ale] problems compiling ppp-2.2.0e

Steven A. Duchene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Mon Apr 1 10:16:44 EST 1996

	So you figured out all the little include file problems with
	ppp-2.2.0e (had to include bitypes.h in pppd.h and netdevice.h
	in sys-linux.c). I think something is screwy with this (either
	the package or like you suggested the kernel include files) if
	both of us had the same experience. What versions of GCC and
	libc are you running? For your info from what I understand
	ppp-2.1.X is for the 1.2.X series kernels (and perhaps real
	early 1.3.X stuff) but ppp-2.2.X is needed for the later 1.3.X
	kernels so I don't think you can use the 2.2.X version with
	the 1.2.X kernels. If you find out different please let me know.
	If there are hints out there for the include file problems I
	would think the unresolved reference problems would have occured
	to someone else also. Are you getting the same error messages
	that I detailed in my earlier message now that you have fixed
	the include file stuff?
--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		   X/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.