ALUG

Greg Hankins gregh at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 9 11:34:22 EST 1994

Tucker Balch writes:
>It seems like the core of a users group already
>exists here at Tech, but it's not as accessible as it could be because
>of the "gt" in our name. Why don't we:
>
>	1) Call ourselves ALUG (Atlanta Linux User's Group).
>	2) Change the gtlinux at cc list to alug at cc.

OK, that's possible.  I could go for that.

>	3) Have a weekly or monthly meeting where we sit around
>		and talk about linux - avoiding the one guy
>		at the front of the room looking like a geek.

That would be good, too.

>	4) Elect V or Greg president.

ACK!  I was really trying to get someone else to be the driving force
behind the whole thing.  I have not the time, nor public speaking
confidence to head something like this up.

>Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see any need to affiliate with AUUG.

Affiliation with AUUG could only help.  It's viewed as the 'main' UNIX
users group, which kindof encompasses all the other smaller UNIX users
groups.  It would be good if they knew of ALUG, and would support it
(which I'm sure they would).

Greg

--
Greg Hankins (greg.hankins at cc.gatech.edu)  |  Georgia Institute of Technology
Computing and Networking Services          |  College of Computing