Returned mail: User unknown (fwd)

gt7508b at prism.gatech.edu gt7508b at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 10 19:50:53 EST 1994

> > Telnet on my linux box has ERASE defaulting to ^?. How can I make it use
> > ^H by default??
> > Thanks
> > Tom...
>
>  If you mean when you are telnetting out (not INTO the linux box) you
> have to (or at leatst I did) write a termcap/terminfo entery for the
> linux console. Works wonders. (Also make sure the system you are logging
> into does do any odd setups).

Well, I have same problem when telnetting in and out, people telnetting in
hit backspace and it displays ^H, when I am telnetting out and hit backspace,
it displays ^?... Backspace always displays ^? when I am running telnet
regardless of whether or not I am actually telneting... also it displays
^? regardless of whether or not I have set telnet erase to ^H or if I type
stty erase "^H"   I looked at termcap but it is a huge file and I have no
clue how to decifer it... is it documented anywhere, which entry do I need to
modify, or if I need to add one, what should I call it???

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-= Tom Cross AKA The White Ninja / Decius 6i5 */^\* -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=- TWN615 at mindvox.phantom.com  GT7508B at prism.gatech.edu =-=-=-=-=-=-=