no subject (file transmission)

stan at panda.gatech.edu stan at panda.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 15 11:53:42 EST 1994

To: mikec at america.net
CC: gtlinux at cc.gatech.edu
Subject: Re: Next on my list...

   Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 07:16:13 -0500 (EST)
   From: "Michael J. Callahan" <mikec at america.net>

   Well I've got dosemu0.52 running on 1.1.18 now, mainly so I can (and
   now do!) use my Brief editor under Linux (god save me from vi). It works
   really good. I also have many years of use involved in Telix, so the
   temptation to use it is strong too...

   Now I want to work on getting to know, use and ultimately do some
   development in X windows environment. I hear the Linux X windows terminal
   is pretty nice. I have just started reading the XFree86-HOWTO, don't even
   know what I don't know yet.

   In parallel I want to get familiar with WWW using my Linux box, plan on
   getting a SLIP account here, and pay whatever is necessary to get going

I would suggest that you use PPP and that you give MindSpring a call.
They are a real nice people with decent rates.  I have been nearly
always able to get in, even around 10-12PM when things really get busy.
Their number is (404) 888-0725, ask for Kevin and tell him that Stan
Hughes sent ya.

   with it. Is there an X browser (Mosaic?) for Linux. I don't want to run
   Mosaic under windows if I don't have to.

You also don't want to run your modem under MSWindow (sic.).  It is
limited to 9600 baud over a serial port.

   Well, if anyone has any tips or suggestions, fire away. Best regards...

   Mike C. <INTERNET>   mikec at america.net
	   <PHONE NET>  office(404)483-9777
	   <MAIL NET>   8388 Lake Drive, Lithonia GA, 30058-5724, USA, World