HELP Xconfig

Tucker Balch tucker at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 15 14:06:31 EST 1994

Hey Randy!

It's Tucker Balch (guard guy).  So did you graduate school to the real
world?

> HELP PLEASE.  Now when I get X to run, at 640x480 some things are
> o.k. but when I exit X, my monitor goes haywire and hisses and
> snowy lines are everywhere....

You might be able to fix it with the automatic X configuration program
called ConfigXF86.  Instructions are probably on your system in
/usr/X386/lib/X11/ConfigXF86.  I've used it, it works pretty well.
It asks you what chipset and monitor you have, then makes an Xconfig
file for you.

If you're still stuck, dig up the Xfree86-HOWTO.  It's on your CD
somewhere.  If you can't find it there, ftp it:

ftp ftp.cc.gatech.edu	/linux/docs/HOWTO

Good luck,

Tucker