MS Windows and Modems

Ammo Goettsch ammo at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 17 05:41:14 EST 1994

stuff deleted....

> You also don't want to run your modem under MSWindow (sic.).  It is
> limited to 9600 baud over a serial port.
>
>    Well, if anyone has any tips or suggestions, fire away. Best regards...
>
>    Mike C. <INTERNET>   mikec at america.net
> 	   <PHONE NET>  office(404)483-9777
> 	   <MAIL NET>   8388 Lake Drive, Lithonia GA, 30058-5724, USA, World

Actually, NO. CYBERDRV and TURBOCOM both bump up the MS Windows serial
drivers to 115,200 with a 16550 high speed serial chip. TURBOCOM even
helps DOS programs sustain such high speeds in software that doesn't
support the 16550 natively.

OK, so this isn't quite a Linux post, but if we are going to engage in
MS-bashing, stick to the facts, there are enough of them.

Ammo

PS: Cyberdrv is ftp-able from ftp.cica.indiana.edu