[ale] ALE Sunday Meetings - On-line meetings

Ron / BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Mon May 6 17:09:09 EDT 2024

Steve Litt via Ale wrote on 2024-05-06 10:26:

> Ewwww, Meetup.Com. Not a fan.
>
> Why not just announce it on this mailing list?

I too am not a fan of Meetup.com, however - that's often where the
people are.

Since the email list is here, it may not hurt to send an announcement
message, but the regularity of ALE meetings possibly makes it unnecessary.

I can think of one LUG that only announces via Meetup.com, and they do
monthly meetings, so they're just being dumb.

And another that doesn't announce monthly meetings on their list, but on
a Discord server or somewhere. Also, less than ideal, especially for an
open source, DIY type of group.

My 2¢...