[ale] Southeast Linux Fest

DJPfulio at jdpfu.com DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Jun 3 10:51:45 EDT 2024

https://southeastlinuxfest.org

I know we've discussed it 5+ times at the ALE-NW meetings.
https://mail.ale.org/pipermail/ale/2024-March/166395.html
That message didn't have ANY responses.

I'm signed up to be notified via email from the SELF organizers for all important SELF events.  They have an email list with about 5 emails a year.  If you are interested, it isn't hard to sign up.  SELF is over 10 yrs old and has run in early June all the years I've known about.

https://speakers.southeastlinuxfest.org/southeast-linux-fest-2024/schedule/
There are topics for professionals and home users.

The first announcement for SELF-2024 was in June 2023.  They are nerds, not marketing people.
You can mark SELF-2025 on your calendar now.  A good guess would be June 5-8 in West Charlotte near RDU.

The cost is modest for individuals and students are free.  The organizers don't want anyone to feel like they shouldn't attend over money. There are a number of free ways to attend. There are different tiers of support for people with more or less financial means.  The organizers aren't making any profit on the conference.