[ale] Saving electricity with Linux

Jon "maddog" Hall jon.maddog.hall at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 08:30:18 EDT 2024

Brian,

When I spoke about "Cray" it was when it was "Cray Research" the child of
Seymour, and "supercomputers" tended to be designed as monoliths.

That company went Bankrupt, was sold off to Silicon Graphics which went
Bankrupt and was sold off to Hewlett Packard Enterprise.  The new company
is really "Cray" in name only other than they design HPC clusters.

md