[ale] networking confusion

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 15:31:57 EST 2023

Thank you for that explanation.  Appreciate it.

Subnetting is good enough for houses right.  Is VLAN an overkill (unless I
can learn and practice with Mikrotik) ?

I am assuming VLAN's are supported by Mikrotik.

I converted my old router to an AccessPoint and that router broadcasts 3
SSID's.
I want to have one called "GUESTS_ONLY" and anyone visiting can join there.

So I make a subnet for that SSID and it is available to guests on the
192.168.4.x network.
How do I say any computers on 192.168.4.x should not be able to see
192.168.0.x computers ?

Is that a sep step on the router or it is the default  at router level ?

-Narahari