[ale] ip address on br0 but not on eth0

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Feb 4 02:56:42 EST 2023

DJPfulio--- via Ale said on Fri, 3 Feb 2023 10:56:49 -0500

>On 2/3/23 01:28, Steve Litt via Ale wrote:
>> See "Steve Litt's No Bullshit Guide to LAN-Peer Qemu VMs" at
>> http://troubleshooters.com/linux/qemu/nobs.htm  .
>
>As already stated, Ubuntu STOPPED USING the interfaces file a few
>releases ago.  They use netplan YAML files for server network
>configuration ... or network manager.

No matter what networking the OS on the metal host uses, if he can
disable the OS' networking, my shellscript will do what he needs.

If the VM Guest uses netplan, he can disable that and use a pretty
simple shellscript.

If he's willing to live with his VM guests being natted to 10.0.x.x, he
doesn't need a bridge at all.

SteveT

Steve Litt