[ale] Canonical and Snaps

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Apr 25 14:50:12 EDT 2023

DJPfulio--- via Ale said on Tue, 25 Apr 2023 09:48:53 -0400

>On 4/24/23 23:17, Chuck Payne via Ale wrote:
>>
>> If we ever met again I thought to do a talk for the group on these
>> new boards. I've been moving away from openSUSE to Armbian ( Debian )
>> because of the easy and the fact it runs on most everything.  Still
>> hate Ubuntu ( Sorry DJPfulio).
>
>I'm moving away from Ubuntu to avoid snap packages which have screwed
>me a few times

As a person who will never allow systemd on his system, I can't use
snaps because they stupidly require a specific init system called
systemd.

Personally, I run an init system called runit, which is a lot better
than sysvinit and *hugely* better than systemd.

SteveT

Steve Litt