[ale] Mike Warfield

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Tue Apr 11 17:19:23 EDT 2023

Oh my goodness.  That is so sad.  Mike retired only about, what, 7-8
years ago.

He was a founding member of ALE, gave us many lectures on aspects of
Linux, security, and networking as well as being a very active members of
the Atlanta Unix group.  He was brilliant at computer security, a heck of
a C programmer, and shared his knowledge very generously.  His kind review
of my book manuscript and many suggestions made it a much better book.

He had a very loving wife and family that I was privileged to know and
such a man is rich beyond measure.

Jim, please announce memorial arrangements.  Perhaps ALE should have a
special "Raise a glass" to Mike.  (Please give a week's notice so I can
schedule a trip up for it.)