[ale] Simple online calendar program for Apache?

DJPfulio at jdpfu.com DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Oct 24 22:19:57 EDT 2022

>> On Mon, Oct 24, 2022, 11:40 AM Bob Toxen via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>>
>>     Can anyone recommend a SIMPLE online calendar program
>>     that works on Apache on Linux without any extra requrements?

We just use our calendar programs and invite the "room" to meetings.  Lots of things can be listed as resources - rooms, projectors, other A/V equipment, whatever.  The "room" is a resource in the communications server and automatically rejects double-bookings. https://community.zextras.com/managing-calendar-resources/

Once setup, it sorta just works.

I know this works for MS-Exchange and Zimbra, but I wouldn't install either just for this capability. Zimbra is a hog, but nowhere near as bad a MS-Exchange. Once you get addicted to enterprise calendaring, it is hard to not have.