[ale] Thoughts on PC hardware.

DJPfulio at jdpfu.com DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Oct 17 14:33:50 EDT 2022

On 10/17/22 12:55, Bob Toxen via Ale wrote:
> Thanks for mentioning those other free/cheap VMs.  I just could not
> think of the names (and should have said "VMware or similar").
>
> Bob

Microcenter with a Facebook $25 off coupon on many AMD/Intel CPUs. https://www.facebook.com/100723516742/posts/10158962257521743 - 1 time only SMS coupon.

This is a 65W Ryzen - think it is rated around 22,000 passmarks. It is a beast for that price.

Ryzen 57xxx and 57xxx deals too.

Some Intel CPUs.

They want a phone able to get texts.

"US customers only. By signing up you are agreeing to receive up to 5 SMS messages per month and marketing emails from Micro Center - you can opt-out anytime. You will receive premier access to our best offers, exclusive deals, alerts about new products, and more. Carrier message and data rates may apply."

Looks like the Ryzen 5600X and 5600G are $140, so $25 off coupon makes it $115. Hummmm.  I need to decide which of the 65W CPUs I want ... assuming the SMS arrives.