[ale] Slightly OT: recommendations for VOIP/SIP to replace POTS

DJPfulio at jdpfu.com DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Nov 29 20:10:27 EST 2022

On 11/29/22 16:33, Bob Toxen via Ale wrote:
> (Since thanks to this group I got Brother scanning from Linux to work
> it doesn't matter much, though FAXes are secure and unencrypted email
> is not.)

Only as secure as the POTS network and all the non-POTS connections between you and the receiving fax machine ... which is likely to be an email address since most businesses, especially small businesses, just pay for a fax service to keep a number and forward the faxes via unsecured email.

BTW, I use fax to deal with the govt whenever possible.  Last thing I want is any govt to know either a phone number or email address for me.  Anything they need to say, needs to be delivered by USPS or with a knock at the door.