[ale] Slightly OT: recommendations for VOIP/SIP to SUPPORT POTS

DJPfulio at jdpfu.com DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Nov 14 11:29:34 EST 2022

On 11/14/22 11:06, Neal Rhodes via Ale wrote:
> Anyone have experience with voip.ms obtaining our old phone number
> from AT&T?

https://voip.ms/residential/features/local-number-portability Google found this.
https://wiki.voip.ms/article/Porting_FAQ

The process is the same for all phone providers. Doesn't matter, they all take the same time. It is a govt mandate, after all.

I've always gotten a new number and just forwarded my 1-number to it. Honestly couldn't tell you what any of my VoIP phone numbers are. I don't know and never use those directly. I don't give those numbers out.

To me, phone numbers are like IPv6 IPs.  I know they exist, but don't really care specifically what they might be. ;)  Of course, I do know my 1-number that forwards all calls.  Suppose I could transfer that number to VoIP.ms, but haven't bothered.