[ale] IPv6 local devices with a prefix that may change

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sun Nov 6 13:57:14 EST 2022

So that's part of the problem, right?

Let's say the prefix changes, how do I now access devices that are using
the old prefix? If I have 50 devices then I have to manually change them
all every time the prefix changes plus change everywhere I use that IP.

With IPv4/NAT I didn't have to worry, they were always the same IP no
matter what happened outside.